Friday, July 13, 2012

Little bit of Lace

I know a lot of people who will only leave lace for special occiasions. I'm not quite sure why...{shrugs shoulders}

I wear it with everything {seriously, I have no shame}. The great thing about lace is the obvious, it's pretty and is usually a staple for slightly more formal occasions, but what most people don't realize is you can easily dress down lace for more causal day trips.

For instance the below dress, paired with heels, nice jewelry and a bolero or blazer, it would be great for a formal occasion. For everyday causal...sandals, a side braid, a fedora, fun jewelry {that doesn't have to match the outfit or each other - think of them as talking points}, and a great bag, I'm ready for a day of fun {insert shopping day here}. 
For cooler evenings or the office, pair with a jean jacket and you will be set.

Remember to have fun with your wardrobe. Take one piece that you NEVER wear because you bought it for that one time, you went to that one wedding, and think about how you can dress it down. I look at it like a challenge and the minute you get your first compliment, causally say, "Oh this old thing, just something I pulled out of my closet". {grin}


Enjoy!

Dress: Blu Pepper {Old, similar here}   Shoes: Target. Hat: Johnny Loves Rosie. Bag: Imoshion. Necklace: Robin Goodfellow.   Ring: Robin Goodfellow. Bracelets: Goodworks {learn more here, buy here}, LC Lauren Conrad, Vintage, H&M, Anthro. Hairtie: Emi Jay

{Photo Credit: My amazing Dad. Thanks for sweating in the heat with me during our photo session!!}

3 comments:

  1. I couldn't agree more.
    The outfit looks great!

    Xo
    MixandMatchtheFword.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You looks wonderful! I love your outfit, especially the lace dress and that fun bag. Darling blog, happy I came across it! Have a great week!!

    Toodles,
    Twirling Clare
    twirlingclare.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your bag is so amazing!! Your lace dress is adorable as well :)

    ~Jacy

    http://laviedelenore.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment! I love hearing from you!

-Brittany
Belle epoque Fashion Blog