Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Must See: Modern Vintage Chicago Spring Fashion & Jewelry Show


I've marked my calendar and I'm counting down the days, because I am SO excited for the Modern Vintage Chicago Spring Fashion & Jewelry Show on April 21st and 22nd.
According to the website, Modern Vintage Chicago is the only place you will find vintage clothing, jewelry and vanities by style icons such as Halston, Balenciaga, Patrick Kelly and Chanel alongside Chicago’s leading Indie Designers. Presented by the producers of the Randolph Street Market, Modern Vintage Chicago is designed to fuse the worlds of forward contemporary design and classic vintage fashion for shoppers that appreciate both worlds.

Um, what's not to love?! Vintage clothing, jewelry, handbags, you name it? I'm there. 








I received my first vintage market experience last fall with my cousin who, like myself (must run in the family) is a fashion lover and avid shopper :) I've never been one to want to wear someone else's clothing. My sister and I never shared clothes, I wasn't one to shop at thrift stores (I have NO attention span!) so I wasn't sure what to expect when we walked in. Surely this wouldn't be my thing. Was I ever wrong! Little shops had been set up by vendors and their product was amazing and in great condition!
Since fashion is evolutionary, not revolutionary, there are so many vintage pieces that will work into your everyday wardrobe AND be in style now. I don't know about you, but I love when someone asks me where something is from and I can go "it's vintage", it makes it so special, because people can't go out and buy the item the next day. Anyone can shop at JCrew, H&M, having a few vintage pieces in your closet really rounds out your collection. 


Make sure to bring your cash (not all vendors accept credit cards), know your measurements, and take an open mind. 

Be sure to get your tickets early, you save money AND you get a voucher to use toward a purchase, isn't that nice of them!?


Photo credits: Modern Vintage Facebook page. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! I love hearing from you!

-Brittany
Belle epoque Fashion Blog